Antico Benessere Farm, located in the heart of the North Adda Park, in the beautiful countryside of Bergamo, is the starting point for excursions. Below we suggest some of the most interesting historical places and monuments to visit, during your stay.
Historically, of great importance are the remains of Autarena Basilica. Built in the sixth century by the Lombards, initially it held the function of the Aryan cult building and, from the seventh century, to the Catholic one, and was dedicated to St. Alexander. From the Basilica remain only the apse and part of the perimeter walls.
Church of St. Alexander
Of particular importance is also the parish church, dedicated to St. Alexander, dates back to the sixteenth century. Rebuilt two centuries later and rebuilt several times, it has a good number of paintings, among which 15 paintings by Francesco Cavagna, son of Gian Paolo.
For more information www.comune.farageradadda.bg.it
The town of Fara Gera d’Adda is part of the project the Adda of Leonardo was born with the goal of living and to the territory of the Park live.
The Ecomuseum Adda di Leonardo, involving the North Adda Park, promotes a territory in the provinces of Lecco, Milan and Bergamo. What characterizes it is the presence of water; its territory, with charming views, winds along the river Adda and the canals of Paderno and Martesana. But originality is given by the signs of the presence of Leonardo da Vinci, who lived in these places from 1507 to 1513, making a significant contribution to the culture, theoretical and practical. Among the signs and testimonies of history you can find Celtic ruins, Roman and Lombard ruins, hydraulic works of the Benedictine High Medieval reclamation, medieval and Renaissance castles, churches, shrines, hydroelectric plants, spinning mills and the cotton of the century and the workers’ village of Crespi (UNESCO heritage).
For more information www.addadileonardo.it
Crespi d’Adda, in the municipality of Capriate San Gervasio, is certainly the most important example of a village worker in Italy for both the perfect conditions and urban setting exemplary. The UNESCO World Heritage Committee, at its meeting in Berlin in December 1995, welcomed Crespi d’Adda in the World Heritage List, the List of World Heritage Protected.
For more information www.villaggiocrespi.it
The discovery of shrines and basilicas
The Basilica of St. Martin and Santa Maria Assunta of Treviglio is traced back to V – VI century but the current planimetric and structural configuration is a result of the innovations brought by Galliari brothers, painters and set designers, in the last decades of the eighteenth.
The Sanctuary of the Blessed Virgin of the Tears of Treviglio built between 1594 and 1619, is a constant reminder to the Marian cult and miraculous episode of 1522: February 28 the image of the Madonna and Child placed on the wall of the Monastery of Sant ‘ Augustine began to ooze tears, thus avoiding the town the plundering by the French troops of general Lautrec.
Following the City Council decided to proclaim the last day of February “Day of the City” and to build a shrine to the Virgin in which to bring the miraculous image, which was translated here in 1619. The extension of the building took place in XIX century. the project of Ing. Carlo Nava. The bell tower was built only in 1835-38.
The Sanctuary of Santa Maria del Caravaggio source is related to the appearance that a woman was May 26, 1432 when, intent on collecting the grass, saw gushing from the lawn a water source that revealed miraculous powers.
The first miraculous episode was followed by others to the point that the pilgrims who flocked to the source could no longer be met by the primitive church built, so Carlo Borromeo, in July 1571, ordered the construction of the current sanctuary.